As a part of our commitment to Townsville, Glencore's Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programs fund local organisations and projects committed to benefiting the community of Townsville.
Since 2013, Glencore has invested over $1.5 million into local organisations and projects in Townsville, focussing on key areas of Health, Education, and Capacity Building – the development of enterprise and economic diversification.
Key major projects we have supported in the Townsville community include:
- Initiatives with the Perc Tucker Regional Gallery
- LifeFlight Rescue Helicopter
- Ronald McDonald House Townsville
- Greater Bilby exhibit at Billabong Sanctuary
We have also regularly sponsored a range of community events including
- Academic awards at local high schools and James Cook University
- The Townsville Eisteddfod
- Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal
We call for CSI applications on a quarterly basis, with funding distributed in January, April, July and October each year. Applications can be accessed through the link on this page.